- This event has passed.
SOLD OUT! – MASTERCLASS: The Great Australian Blend
October 19 @ 10:30 am - 12:30 pm ACDT$170.00
The ever-popular Cabernet Celebrations Masterclass is amongst the most sought-after event in the month-long programme, offering an intimate and professional tasting experience hosted by acclaimed winemakers of Coonawarra.
Cabernet Shiraz or vice versa, once referred to in Australia as Claret, and pioneered by Yalumba in the 1880s, is uniquely Australian in that it is not an ‘old world’ red wine style nor does it try to mimic any other world wine style.
Typically, but not always, unconstrained by the notion of regionality, the Cabernet Shiraz blend combines the attributes of the two varieties to produce a finer wine than the individual components. Cabernet offers structure, texture and freshness, while the Shiraz’s sweet fruit adds suppleness, generosity and fullness. It is indeed ‘The Great Australian Red’ and it is Australia’s gift to the world of wine.
There are two main styles of the blend, namely the classic powerful fruit and oak style and the more modern and refi ned fruit-driven styles. In both examples you will find the complexity, balance and length that these blends are able to generate.
Join Matthew Jukes, UK wine writer and co-founder of the Great Australian Red Wine Show, in the Wynns Gables as we showcase this wonderful wine style that spans all price points and taste 10 wines, including:
- 2008 Penfolds Bin 620 Coonawarra Cabernet Shiraz
- 2012 Wolf Blass Black Label Cabernet Shiraz – Langhorne Creek/McLaren Vale
- 2012 Wynns V&A Lane Cabernet Shiraz – Coonawarra
- 2014 Yalumba The Caley Cabernet Shiraz (New Release) – Coonawarra/Barossa
- 2013 Lindeman’s Limestone Ridge Vineyard Shiraz Cabernet – Coonawarra
- 2015 St Hugo Cabernet Shiraz – Coonawarra/Barossa
- 2015 Majella Mallea – Coonawarra
- 2016 Bleasdale Wellington Road Shiraz Cabernet – Langhorne Creek
- 2016 Pepperjack Certified Shiraz Cabernet – Langhorne Creek/McLaren Vale
- 2016 William Wilson Shiraz Cabernet – Coonawarra
A tasting not to be missed.
For Enquiries Contact Coonawarra Vignerons on 08 8737 2392, firstname.lastname@example.org
THIS EVENT IS NOW SOLD OUT!
If you wish to join the waiting list, please contact Olivia on 0418 816 316.