An exciting opportunity exists for a highly motivated and well organised professional to champion governance and drive promotional activities for the famed Coonawarra Wine Region.
Coonawarra Grape & Wine Incorporated, known as the Coonawarra Vignerons (CV), is a non for profit entity that supports local Grapegrowers and Winemakers by facilitating the promotion, marketing, technical innovation of the region.
As Coonawarra Vignerons Executive Officer you will be joining the organisation in a role that has overall responsibility for management and administration on behalf of the CV on a full-time basis. You will play an instrumental part in delivering strategies and projects, to strengthen the region’s identity and build resilience at every level of members’ business, from grape-growing to sales and hospitality, ensuring all areas of regional activities and member services – from vineyard to cellar door – are integrated.
The role reports to the President of the Board of the Coonawarra Vignerons. The roles of Events and Marketing Officer and Administration Officer report to the Executive Officer.
This position is based in the town of Penola in South Australia, set in the heart of the Coonawarra Wine Region. Only 5 hours from Melbourne and 4 hours from Adelaide.
• Governance of CV and facilitating the strategic direction of the organisation
• Management of overall external public relations and communications, including media, industry and trade representatives.
• Oversee event management and marketing activities
• Source grant and sponsorship funding
• Manage a small, dedicated team
To be successful in this position you will have the following:
• Advanced communication, planning, and administration skills
• Experience in project management and working within budgets (similar industry highly regarded)
• Proven ability to effectively liaise with, and influence diverse stakeholders including but not limited to association members, marketers, local and international guests, and work colleagues.
• Innovative and progressive outlook with the ability to adapt to new trends
• A genuine interest in wine and being involved with the Coonawarra Grape and Wine Community
This role is a full-time position and salary will be commensurate the successful applicant’s qualifications and experience.
For further information on this role or to apply, please contact Ockert Le Roux at email@example.com by Monday 31st October 2022.