South Australia’s Penola Coonawarra Arts Festival highlights excellence through the involvement of local, national and international artists. It promotes Penola’s rich literary, art and cultural heritage, and the fine wines of Coonawarra. It celebrates a program that includes over eighty exhibitions, workshops, Festival flavours and performances throughout more than forty venues in Penola, and within many of Coonawarra’s world-renowned wineries. And it’s considered one of Australia’s leading regional arts festivals!
Highlights of the 2019 Penola Coonawarra Arts Festival include:
- The announcement of the 2019 John Shaw Neilson Acquisitive Art Prize winner, receiving $10,000, and the 2019 Design Prize
- Penola’s new Town Square will be the ‘Gateway’ to the Penola Coonawarra Arts Festival! Head to the Square, meet up with friends, grab your Festival guide and set off on your day’s adventures. Meander to Penola’s historical heart of Petticoat Lane, reimagined as the contemporary cultural hub of our arts festival.
- Co-Opera is back! This year we celebrate 25 years of Co-Opera continuously performing at our regional festival with the quintessential opera, Mozart’s ‘Don Giovanni’.
- An exciting line-up for the Kids Program – including harnessing, creating and designing projects ‘From the Natural World’ – including Kite making and flying, terrariums and much more
- A weekend of live music, featuring Saturday night ‘Shenanigan’s’ at the Coonawarra Hall – plus concert bands to country and western, indie, rock and roots music and everything in between – at venues throughout the Penola township
- Sunday’s popular Literary Brunch is on again, with renowned author Jock Serong and his latest book ‘Preservation’ – it’s sure to be a sellout, so be quick
The full program of events will be released on Thursday 21st March at the official 2019 Arts Festival Program Launch
Full event details and tickets at www.artsfestival.com.au