Entries close Tuesday 18th September. And this for the first time in the awards’ four-year history, you are able to complete an entry on behalf of someone else.
“Sometimes even the worthiest people find it hard to put themselves forward,” said AWIWA founder and chair Jane Thomson. “So, the advisory board made a deliberate change to the way the awards work this year, and we’re allowing entries to be completed by people other than the entrant.”
“We’ve already seen this working with entries coming in from people who are putting forward their manager, employee or colleague because they believe they otherwise wouldn’t do it themselves!” continued Ms. Thomson.
You do not need to be nominated to enter, and the entire AWIWA advisory board is encouraging all women in wine to make the time to shine a spotlight on their achievements this year and complete an entry before September 18th.
This year’s award categories are:
• Winemaker of the Year – sponsored by Tonnellerie Saint Martin
• Viticulturist of the Year – sponsored by Wine Australia
• Researcher / Innovator of the Year – sponsored by Angove Family Wines
• Marketer of the Year – sponsored by Denomination
• Cellar Door Person of the Year – sponsored by Platinum Bags
• Workplace Champion of Change – sponsored by the Winemakers’ Federation of Australia
• Owner / Operator – sponsored by WineWorks Australia
• Woman of Inspiration – sponsored by Irvine Wines
The winners will be announced on Friday 16th November at the first ever Australian Women in Wine Symposium and Awards Day at Quay Restaurant in Sydney.
Registrations for this event are available here.
The 2018 AWIWAs are entirely funded by sponsorship. This year’s Gold Partners include CRU, Vintrace,Pernod-Ricard Winemakers and Wine Business Magazine.
Lara Jago 0416 355 070
Jane Thomson 0413 682 377