The grape and wine sector has welcomed today’s launch of the Australian Government’s $50 million Export and Regional Wine Support Package by Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Agriculture and Water Resources, the Hon Barnaby Joyce, and Assistant Minister for Agriculture and Water Resources, Senator Anne Ruston.
Australian Vignerons, the Winemakers’ Federation of Australia and Wine Australia have worked in close consultation with the Australian grape and wine sector to develop the business plan for the Package, which will be delivered over three years.
The key points regarding the Export and Regional Wine Support Package (ERWSP) are as follows:
- The Business Plan was launched yesterday
- A copy of the media release, Business Plan and other information can be downloaded from the ERWSP webpage: http://erwsp.wineaustralia.com/
- There are three grant programs within the Package. Draft guidelines for these programs will be released on 1 September for a six-week consultation period, administered by the Department of Agriculture and Water Resources. The draft guidelines will contain information about eligibility criteria etc.
- A letter will be sent to regional groups this week, advising that:
- the Package has been launched
- draft guidelines will be released for consultation on 1 September
- further information is available on the ERWSP webpage
- enquiries can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Media Contact: Ali Laslett – 0424 135 381
Available for Interview: Tony Battaglene – 0413 014 807