- This event has passed.
Vintage Sparkling & Seafood
November 16, 2019 @ 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm ACDT$100
Rymill Coonawarra is excited to present three vintages of its traditional method sparkling alongside the absolute best of the Southern Ocean.
Winemaker Shannon Sutherland has chosen the 2012 and 2014 vintages to disgorge and showcase alongside the current 2016 vintage. This is a unique opportunity to taste perfectly aged-on-lees sparkling wine.
To complement these beautiful wines, Rymill has joined forces with chefs Kirby Shearing and Wallace Wong, who worked together in the world-famous Noma restaurant in Copenhagen.
Wallace has appeared on Top Chef Canada, where he finished third overall, and Chopped Canada, where he was crowned champion.
Kirby and Wallace will be plating up the best produce from the Limestone Coast’s Southern Ocean in a fun, approachable, street-food style under the lights on the Rymill Coonawarra lawns.
Chef’s Kirby and Wallace are excited to share the following menu to match with the 2012, 2014, and 2016 Vintage Sparkling:
- Coorong pipis – big ‘fry up’- xo sauce, herbs from Petticoat Lane
- Seafood fritters
- Hot smoked Beachport ocean trout tacos with, leek kimchi, finger limes
- Chips n Dip, fried fish skin, tarama, elder + chardonnay vinegar
- Crayfish, grilled in pickled onion, ‘aioli’
- Abalone, shaved, ‘citrus, fruit’ and herbs