- This event has passed.
Masterclass : The Provenance of Cabernet
October 13, 2018 @ 10:30 am - 12:30 pm ACDT$170.00
The ever-popular Cabernet Celebrations Masterclass is amongst the most sought-after event in the month-long programme, offering an intimate and professional tasting experience hosted by acclaimed winemakers of Coonawarra.
This year’s tasting is to be hosted by Lindeman’s Coonawarra Winemaker, Brett Sharpe, and Phillip Rich, Wine General Manager of the Lucas Group.
Join us in the Gables at Wynns Coonawarra Estate for the 2018 Coonawarra Cabernet Celebrations Masterclass as we explore the provenance of 5 carefully selected Cabernet Sauvignon or Claret wines from 2 vintages spanning at least 10 years.
Taste wines with a price tag of over $350, including Chateau Montrose 2me cru classe, St-Estephe 2005, and Penfolds 2004 Bin 707 (RRP $620+), alongside Langton’s classified wines from vintages from Coonawarra and Margaret River.
Rarely do opportunities like this arise, where you can taste the young and the old side by side, and evaluate the performance of each wine over time.
- 2004 and 2014 Penfolds Bin 707 Cabernet Sauvignon * Langton’s Classified – Exceptional
- 2005 and 2015 Chateau Montrose 2me cru classe, St-Estephe
- 2005 and 2015 Wynns John Riddoch Cabernet Sauvignon * Langton’s Classified – Exceptional
- 2005 and 2015 Moss Wood Cabernet Sauvignon * Langton’s Classified – Exceptional
- 1998 and 2008 Katnook Odyssey Cabernet Sauvignon * Langton’s Classified – Outstanding
A tasting not to be missed!