- This event has passed.
Australian Cabernet Symposium
July 5 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm ACDT
The Symposium provides industry colleagues and wine lovers the opportunity to learn about the history of the variety, as well as the innovations and developments occurring in the fields of wine research, viticulture, winemaking and the marketing of Cabernet Sauvignon.
DAY ONE will include a seated Symposium, facilitated by Angie Bradbury, featuring Australian and international specialists and practitioners who will share their insights about the many unique facets of the beloved Cabernet Sauvignon:
- Marie Catherine Dufour (Institut Francais de la Vigne et du Vin): Understanding the French approach to clonal material/propagation
- Andrei Prida (Seguin Moreau): Recent Achievements in Oak Wood Chemistry
- Michael Silacci (Opus One): Insights into International Cabernet Winemaking -The Californian Experience
- Scott de Bruin (Mayura Station):The Art of Storytelling and Place- Marketing Success
DAY TWO will be hosted in the field with an exclusive Vineyard Pruning Workshop.* Limited numbers [SOLD OUT]
There will of course be a distinct Coonawarra take on some of the presentations – given the region’s unique climate, terroir and capacity to produce wines of immense distinction.
The program brings together key presenters within the framework of three themes showcasing:
- Evolving Viticultural Program
- Enhancing Cabernet Expression
- Sharing Exceptional Cabernet
The Australian Cabernet Symposium will also provide plenty of opportunities to meet peers in a relaxed atmosphere with a country-style dinner hosted at the nearby Penola Sports Club.
Coonawarra Vignerons Members
Cabernet Symposium & Dinner $150.30
Cabernet Symposium $ 90.30
Dinner $ 94.80
Cabernet Symposium & Dinner $200.30
Cabernet Symposium $100.30
Pruning Workshop – Friday 6th July [SOLD OUT]
Limited to 20 participants
*Booking fees apply and Early Bird Prices are valid to 25 May 2018*
Please contact Coonawarra Vignerons for more details on 08 8737 2392 or email@example.com